A Labrats Journey

This is basically the story of a 27 year old Navy Corpsman as she starts her journey to Iraq, leaving her son and husband 7000 miles away! Disclaimer: The thoughts, views, pictures, comments expressed in no way represent the Views of US Navy, Marines, Department of Defense,or anyone other than myself!(unless otherwise stated) I am not here to offend anyone. If you visit please leave a comment, BUT please respect my job and don't fill up my comments section with nonsense.

Saturday, October 02, 2004

MAIL CALL AND NO FOOD

Ironically, I have received a bunch of letters from wonderful people today. They are from all over the U.S.! I also received a box from Steph and Tracy, the box contained Halloween treats for everyone, a pumpkin that everyone loves, and decorations for our door, everyone was way excited!! I got two more pictures of my 16 month old! He is so big! In response to the last blog, for those who don't know, I applied for an officer commission and that is called a "package." So, since most positions are going to be civilianized, then it will be sitting there for a while, the package or the application. Today was interesting, I was in the shower and found the sudden urge to run, I am sure you can imagine. Needless to say, Tony please send me some flip flops, size 5 guys, because I lost one on my journey to a hard building. So we got mail, but the food truck hasn't came in four days. We are running out of food, and are resorting to MRE's. MMMM my favorite! I would rather starve. I really enjoyed reading all the mail I got, and I will try to respond to everyone. I wish those girls I lived with gave me some of my own space to hang pictures and cards. We are so crowded though I just put all my letters in an envelope and save them. My pictures are in a ziploc bag and when I am on shift I bring them with me to work and place them out and around me. I miss home bad, and I am not having a good time with this. Others are in the same boat as me. We have no electricity other than the clinic, so there goes my rice cooker and the community microwave. My son will be two when I get home and he won't even remember who I am. The school and my husband keep showing him videos and pictures. The mail helped today. I could really use some plastic bins that will hold stuff, something that will slide under the bed, like a shoe box size. We use tons of Febreeze, thank god for Frebreeze. The exchange is out of Frebreeze, more Frebreeze would be nice, too. Tuna snack packs the ones with mayo, spoon, and all the lunch kit. Hubby sent one of those to me and it was great. Well, we have had incoming patients and mortars, we have had VCIED's and IED to close to us for comfort. Things are crazy and sometimes you feel like you are really at war and sometimes just for a minute it is like you are at a bad girl scout camping experience. Thats today's verdict for These are the Days in Iraq............

2 Comments:

At October 4, 2005 at 12:57 PM, Blogger alena said...

Hey, I have enjoyed...your blog is informative - even entertaining.

I have a halloween sites. They pretty much covers costumes and masks related stuff.

Thanks again and I'll be sure to bookmark you.

 
At October 7, 2005 at 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a high protein food site. It pretty much covers high protein food related stuff. Check it out if you get time :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter
Google
WWW http://desertdiet.blogspot.com/atom.xml