A Labrats Journey

This is basically the story of a 27 year old Navy Corpsman as she starts her journey to Iraq, leaving her son and husband 7000 miles away! Disclaimer: The thoughts, views, pictures, comments expressed in no way represent the Views of US Navy, Marines, Department of Defense,or anyone other than myself!(unless otherwise stated) I am not here to offend anyone. If you visit please leave a comment, BUT please respect my job and don't fill up my comments section with nonsense.

Monday, October 04, 2004

Controlled Det Causes No Sleep

Today was slower than slow, it has been for two or three days now (you loose track of days here). I attempted to sleep today, but all day long was controlled detonations. A controlled det is a big explosion that we choose to happen. Usually because we found something like and IED and we want to make it go away. It also happens because Iraq is full of ordinance or bombs just laying around in fields and in the dirt, some are really old, we blow them up too. So as soon as I would fall asleep, boom then I would fall back asleep and three more booms. So forget it - I just got up! I received lots of mail again, THANK YOU everyone who is writing and sending boxes. I received 4 letters today from non-family and friends and Two boxes. One box from Books For Soldiers and One box from hubby. I enjoy reading all the mail sent to me, and I am becoming quite popular. The box from BFS I gave to my roommate who has received no mail. It was small but good. It contained all snack foods. Yesterday I gave a BFS box to the room for us to share, good choice I made, because when we opened it, it contained razors, notepads, pens, face masks, nail polish, face cleanser, popcorn, hand sanitizer, thats all I can remember. The popcorn excited them, at night they have movie nite. The hand sanitizer was great, big bottle too! At the exchange or store they sell those teeny weeny bottles like from walmart for $3, instead of 80 cents. Speaking of the store, I went there yesterday, boy do they see us coming. Prices are crazy! I bought a tuna pack for $7! In the states its like $2! I bought a pair of headphones used tactfully to block out the world :) . I also bought some Halloween cards. Today I decorated the door with our Halloween Decor from the Halloween Express box. We as a battalion have been busy preparing this place to our likes. We have organized and prepared, rearranged, and built. We are almost settled in to things our way. We admitted another one of our own for kidney stones. Poor thing she is miserable! We had a corpsman here who was injured from an IED that was a donkey cart being towed by a child, he was here for two weeks and finally left for the states. Still have no food, but thanks to hubby tonight's dinner was chef boyardi, and canned fruit with crystal lite! Thanks Tony! He also sent me a REAL pillow, which I can't wait to sleep on tomorrow. He mails packages in the pampers boxes, I can spot my mail anywhere :). I hear we are kicking but taking over the Sunni triangle. I also heard that a volcano is erupting, wow! Keep posting, I look forward to reading them everynight! I love you all and thanks for the prayers, I am praying too. I trust God will keep me safe. ....As Iraq Turns

2 Comments:

At October 4, 2005 at 3:18 AM, Blogger jiri said...

Hey, I have enjoyed...your blog is informative - even entertaining.

I have a halloween sites. They pretty much covers costumes and masks related stuff.

Thanks again and I'll be sure to bookmark you.

 
At November 7, 2005 at 5:18 PM, Blogger Antonio Hicks said...

I was just browsing various blogs as I was doing a search on the word halloween, and I just wanted to say that I really like what you've done with your blog, even though it wasn't particularly related to what I searched for. I appreciate your postings, and your blog is a good example of how a blog should be done. I've only just recently started a Posters website - feel free to visit it when you get a chance if you wish. Much success, antonio.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter
Google
WWW http://desertdiet.blogspot.com/atom.xml