A Labrats Journey

This is basically the story of a 27 year old Navy Corpsman as she starts her journey to Iraq, leaving her son and husband 7000 miles away! Disclaimer: The thoughts, views, pictures, comments expressed in no way represent the Views of US Navy, Marines, Department of Defense,or anyone other than myself!(unless otherwise stated) I am not here to offend anyone. If you visit please leave a comment, BUT please respect my job and don't fill up my comments section with nonsense.

Saturday, September 25, 2004

We've Been Busy

I can't say much about what has been going on but we have been busy, However I can refer you all to this CNN link-> http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/09/25/iraq.main/index.html My pay is partially correct for Ocotber. I am going to get Imminent Danger Pay, Family sep pay, but they are still taxing me and left out International Pay. So at least we are getting somewhere with it. I guess no per diem until we get back. In the AM starts are room rearranging, pretty stupid timing. It would be smarter to move at like 4 pm so the daysleepers could sleep a LITTLE. No the way they want it is as soon as we get off we move rooms, but being Sunday and all people go to church. So this cluster junk will probably last until noon or longer, as people move in and out and rearrange, reorganize, reassemble. I guess I ain't sleeping until Monday! No rest for the weary. Still no mail for me, but today there was no mail for anyone, which made me feel better. We haven't received our mid-rations tonight so I don't know if there is meat or not. Still have some tuna but no rice, Jasmine rice is the best I've heard. One of the communication marines that works nights with me is making me a sign for my door that says "DAY SLEEPER." Maybe people will quit knocking on the door all day long like they did today. The door is only thin plywood and when knocked upon gives quite the bang. So six females in one room, all married with kids, this should be fun! Should I start the soap opera now...THESE ARE THE DAYS OF IRAQ...HAHAHAHHAHA...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter
Google
WWW http://desertdiet.blogspot.com/atom.xml