A Labrats Journey

This is basically the story of a 27 year old Navy Corpsman as she starts her journey to Iraq, leaving her son and husband 7000 miles away! Disclaimer: The thoughts, views, pictures, comments expressed in no way represent the Views of US Navy, Marines, Department of Defense,or anyone other than myself!(unless otherwise stated) I am not here to offend anyone. If you visit please leave a comment, BUT please respect my job and don't fill up my comments section with nonsense.

Monday, September 27, 2004

SLOW BOAT TO KANSAS.

I think our mail is on the slow boat to Kansas, because it isn't coming here. I was sure we would have mail, since we got food! YEAH FOOD! Tonight midrations were corndogs and mac n cheese. The news forgot about us today - so I can't tell you much. They talked about us in the news today, but it was old news to me. I can tell you that we aren't backing down for no one. I hope this whole Iraq thing works out, I hope they can model after the U.S. I don't think it will, these people are hard headed. The boys (Kamara and Nuygen) received a letter today as well as I, they were tickled pink and ran to tell me, even before they opened it. Funny how just one letter from one caring stranger can make two young guys very happy. The one kid said "Thanks HM2 for looking out for me." Well the family survived the hurricane. They might not have electricity for weeks though they reported to me. The water was really high into the yard, enough to scare them. They are using a generator and tonight and for a while sleeping outside the house, since no one has power. Tomorrow they are going to work so it can't be that bad. Tony sounded really depressed today on the computer, well I guess that wasn't sounded it was acted or typed. He is doing way to much. His job is a lot of work, he gets up with coda at 0530 and doesn't get home until 530 or 600 at night. He is really tired of hurricanes. He has to work, then take care of coda, do laundry, mow the lawn, cut trees for hurricanes, and scoop the kitty poop. The kitty was in a kitty condo, but they decided it was to expensive and the kitties could stay there. I guess I should have left them in corpus, I just didn't want him to be alone for the holidays. I feel really bad. He is really worried about me. I tell him what I can about what happens here, but maybe it should wait till I come home. Last night when I was at work my new roommates decided to rearrange and move me in without my help. Made me mad cause they put dirty cammie netting on my rack and just three my stuff in a corner. They used all the shelf space and all the hangers and I have no where for my stuff. So when they were at work today and I was home, I fixed all my stuff the way I wanted. I am sure you all know that women are quite vindictive, right! They blew up the TV, It wasn't there fault, we had a power surge and the transformer blew. But they FORGOT to tell me that happened, kind of a significant event right? After I got woken up tonight, I did the Hygiene thing and then I built a table. I made a table out of thin plywood and ammo boxes. Then I built two benches with three ammo boxes each and a sheet of thin plywood. Then I padded them with cot pads and covered them with the material from the pads, stapling them to the bottom, just like on TLC, only military field style! So when the girls came back and we had a table and benches, I redeemed myself and they barely noticed I rearranged my stuff and took things off hangers to make them a fair amount each. Well, they noticed but they got over it faster! Well these are the days in Iraq.......Stay tuned till next time

3 Comments:

At July 14, 2009 at 8:32 PM, Blogger rduht said...

we offer wow power leveling and wow gold wow gold

 
At November 18, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read this article. Thanx for it. I like such topics and everything connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

 
At January 21, 2010 at 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, buy GPS jammer to block all spy devices in your room or office.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter
Google
WWW http://desertdiet.blogspot.com/atom.xml