A Labrats Journey

This is basically the story of a 27 year old Navy Corpsman as she starts her journey to Iraq, leaving her son and husband 7000 miles away! Disclaimer: The thoughts, views, pictures, comments expressed in no way represent the Views of US Navy, Marines, Department of Defense,or anyone other than myself!(unless otherwise stated) I am not here to offend anyone. If you visit please leave a comment, BUT please respect my job and don't fill up my comments section with nonsense.

Sunday, September 19, 2004

Kids Grow Fast!

Holy cow! Since I left in July my son is a whole new man. I received some pictures via email and crazy enough, wow that's my kid. I am missing so much of him growing up in just three months - its going to drive me crazy for another seven! Things have been very quite here the past 48 hours, thank god for that. Still trying to get used to the night shift, however the day shift gets busy and pulls me to help, I don't get much sleep. I saw a water truck go by tonight maybe we can shower tommorrow! That would be nice. Still not much mail for anyone. Food is pretty decent right now though. Around here if you have mail the food stinks and if you have food the mail stink. You can't win them all. I got some really cool pics since I have been here to take back. They are so real it is if they aren't real.

2 Comments:

At September 26, 2004 at 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. Just a stranger back in the states reading your blog...I just learned what a blog was today. Wanted you to know that people are interested in your life and trials over there and thank you for your service. I now better realize the sacrifice made by people like you to
help preserve the way of life for people like me. Thanks and good luck...hope you get some sleep!

 
At September 29, 2004 at 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From one Pennsylvanian to another, I wish you a speedy journey in Iraq and a safe return home here, to your family in Pennsylvania. Thank you for your service to our Nation. There will be a warm reception waiting for you, upon your arrival home here in Pennsylvania. May you stay safe, keep posting on your blog, to let us know how you are doing, as we will keep you in our prayers as well. I'll keep checking back here to see your updates.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter
Google
WWW http://desertdiet.blogspot.com/atom.xml