A Labrats Journey

This is basically the story of a 27 year old Navy Corpsman as she starts her journey to Iraq, leaving her son and husband 7000 miles away! Disclaimer: The thoughts, views, pictures, comments expressed in no way represent the Views of US Navy, Marines, Department of Defense,or anyone other than myself!(unless otherwise stated) I am not here to offend anyone. If you visit please leave a comment, BUT please respect my job and don't fill up my comments section with nonsense.

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Just My Opinion

"For those who protect us, they get a flavor of life that the protected will never know." Don't these people realize if they want us to leave they have to quite rocketing and mortaring us. If they act like adults, we might actually leave! We are fighting one strange war. We shoot them - then we fix them. They try to bomb us, they get hurt doing it and we fix them to. Just my opinion. ......Well I have been here since Aug 23rd and still no change in pay for any of us. We contacted the Command Master Chief, he returned our email weeks later, stating that he cared, but nothing could be done to fix the glitch on our FSA. Water is up and generators our good. We have patients and are busy STILL. No rest for the weary. Still no toilet paper and the food still sucks. Didn't get much sleep today because my head is next to the washing machine from Iraq 1900's. All that is between us is a piece of plywood. Us being the washer and my head. Everyone was washing since we have water. It isn't like washing clothes at home. The washer has two parts - a wash side and a spin side. The water comes from the shower that is half ass made and into buckets. Three buckets fill the washer. While it is washing for 15 mins the other buckets are being filled, then you put the clothes one item at a time into the spinner and then back into the washer with three more 5 gallon buckets to be rinsed. So it is not a quite experience. And then stupid officers go in there and discuss the laundry and the water and how slow it is. So no sleep for me!! I finally blew up and got out of bed and screamed "You need to be quite- there are day sleepers!" She just stared at me, I am going to leave here an E-3 HAHAHAHA. "We are the Untrained, doing the Unexpected, trying the Unachievable, for the Unappreciative!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter
Google
WWW http://desertdiet.blogspot.com/atom.xml