A Labrats Journey

This is basically the story of a 27 year old Navy Corpsman as she starts her journey to Iraq, leaving her son and husband 7000 miles away! Disclaimer: The thoughts, views, pictures, comments expressed in no way represent the Views of US Navy, Marines, Department of Defense,or anyone other than myself!(unless otherwise stated) I am not here to offend anyone. If you visit please leave a comment, BUT please respect my job and don't fill up my comments section with nonsense.

Saturday, September 18, 2004

Give a Little, Take a Little!

Well we have no showers today. We may not have showers for awhile we have no more water, and none coming in. But on the lighter side of things we got supplies with cold milk (yes the milk is usually warm) and cinnamon toast crunch cereal. You would have thought it was christmas and we were digging in a box for money everyone was hoarding cereal as much as they could carry. The milk here is stored warm which sucks but tonight it was cold. Our turnover is complete and we are all on board and running the show. The others are safe at sound back at home. Got one box today. It was all beat up, open and the koolaid had spilled all over it and everything was sticky, but it was still nice to finally get a box, and the tears just welled up as I opened it. Tony please write me at least a little note in my boxes so I have something to read to, please don't just send a box. I love you honey...Happy first wedding aniversary, I miss you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter
Google
WWW http://desertdiet.blogspot.com/atom.xml