A Labrats Journey

This is basically the story of a 27 year old Navy Corpsman as she starts her journey to Iraq, leaving her son and husband 7000 miles away! Disclaimer: The thoughts, views, pictures, comments expressed in no way represent the Views of US Navy, Marines, Department of Defense,or anyone other than myself!(unless otherwise stated) I am not here to offend anyone. If you visit please leave a comment, BUT please respect my job and don't fill up my comments section with nonsense.

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Quick Vacation

For those of you who don't know, I got five days to go visit my family real quick before deploying. I was one of the lucky few, or unlucky because those who leave first come home first, and I am leaving last :( . It is hot here much hotter than CA, CA is a really DRY heat in comparison to humidity. We are finishing up loose ends and getting insurance on our personal property in storage. Spending time with each other and making phone calls. The baby really misses me and doesn't let me out of his sight. Going back will be harder than before, but it was worth it! Both Tony's and I are Birthdays have came and went-this trip being our present to each other. It is hard to buy me a gift right now, what would I want or use, can't carry much of anything. I will return to the grind of preparation and training on Monday. Communication on the internet will probably be better in Iraq than they are in CA that base is so big! I just want to get there and get it over with. Thanks to everyone who reads and replys and everyone who reads and doesn't reply at least say HI so I know your reading. Some of my friends haven't replied at all, I hope they have figured this whole blog thing out......Have a good week everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter
Google
WWW http://desertdiet.blogspot.com/atom.xml