A Labrats Journey

This is basically the story of a 27 year old Navy Corpsman as she starts her journey to Iraq, leaving her son and husband 7000 miles away! Disclaimer: The thoughts, views, pictures, comments expressed in no way represent the Views of US Navy, Marines, Department of Defense,or anyone other than myself!(unless otherwise stated) I am not here to offend anyone. If you visit please leave a comment, BUT please respect my job and don't fill up my comments section with nonsense.

Monday, August 30, 2004

Pretty good day

I t was pretty calm yesterday and not to bad today. We are getting settled in and wondering when the others are coming. The old group can't wait to leave. We are making room for all of us because for a short period of time we have to have double the people in our rooms for the turnover. Who knows when that will be and for how long. The sunrise and sunsets are very pretty from here that is about the only thing though. The laundry is taking about five days to come back instead of overnight due to some people up and quiting. All the generators are working except for the ATT phones it is still down. Last night they had lobster and steak everyone was sooo happy. Not quite my cup of tea, I ate a powerbar. I am still leary on the food here but hopefully that changes or I get lots of food in the mail. We have microwaves and can openers. I need a bowl with a lid. Got the webcam thing figured out and got to see Cody last night made me cry for hours - he has already grown to be such a big boy, his hair is longer and he has gained weight. Other than that emai ya all later. no news is good news, Right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter
Google
WWW http://desertdiet.blogspot.com/atom.xml