A Labrats Journey

This is basically the story of a 27 year old Navy Corpsman as she starts her journey to Iraq, leaving her son and husband 7000 miles away! Disclaimer: The thoughts, views, pictures, comments expressed in no way represent the Views of US Navy, Marines, Department of Defense,or anyone other than myself!(unless otherwise stated) I am not here to offend anyone. If you visit please leave a comment, BUT please respect my job and don't fill up my comments section with nonsense.

Monday, August 16, 2004

Just another weekend

The weekend went by fast as I still wait out this pergatory of a place. We ate on Friday at this Italian resturant called Vigilucci's in escondida CA. They gave us military the utmost respect and treated us as royality. If anyone goes there ask for Steve and tell him the girl going to Iraq sent you! He was good to us. We then on Saturday was treated to a free Premier Movie called "without a Paddle." It was really funny. Marines Moms put the whole thing together and gave us all treat bags with brownies and cookies and kool aid while the movie played. Sunday we went to maritime museum and walked aboard the ship HMS Surprise used in the master of commander movie. We then went to the shipyard and saw the Mercy. It was pretty interesting. Still missing my family and tired of waiting in pergatory. We got a priest from JAX, ironically, he knows me so hopefully he will help keep my spirits up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter
Google
WWW http://desertdiet.blogspot.com/atom.xml