A Labrats Journey

This is basically the story of a 27 year old Navy Corpsman as she starts her journey to Iraq, leaving her son and husband 7000 miles away! Disclaimer: The thoughts, views, pictures, comments expressed in no way represent the Views of US Navy, Marines, Department of Defense,or anyone other than myself!(unless otherwise stated) I am not here to offend anyone. If you visit please leave a comment, BUT please respect my job and don't fill up my comments section with nonsense.

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Hurry Up and Wait

I titled this training evolution "Hurry up and Wait." Basically we are just keeping busy. We run everyday three or more miles, up mountains, and with full gear, flack jackets, boots and cammies. These people have lost their mind. I told them that if they break us (break bones, etc.) than we can't go. One guy broke his ankle and they are holding him hostage until his command gives up someone to take his place. Today we did alot of nothing again, cleaned our weapons and mustered several times. Tomorrow we are running in full gear an Indian run, that is a single file line of people running and the last person runs to the front and sets the pace, when he or she reaches the front than the last person does the same thing. Lots of people have already left, about half. My roomie left so I am pretty much alone. It is pretty rough, I hate all these MEN! I need some female companionship bad! I bought boots today finally, they are GREAT. They didn't have any size 4 boots and weren't going to issue me any so I had to buy my own-It is BullS*** I agree you would think they would provide that stuff for me. It was extra hard to say goodbye twice. I can still mentally visualize Coda blowing kisses from the airport hallway as I went through security, makes me cry. He smiled away so innocently, not knowing he wouldn't see his mommy for months or even a year from now. I am trying to hang in there but I must admit yesterday was probably the hardest since I have been here, and tomorrow is going to be worse. I have a lot of responsibility which kept me very busy today thank god. I got the computers they gave us to work finally!!! YEAH! So we have three laptops for Iraq for the WHOLE company. I miss you all very much and I am still diligently working on that officer package so keep praying. I am still doing my homework for my masters too. I just want to get there, I bet it is better there than here :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter
Google
WWW http://desertdiet.blogspot.com/atom.xml