A Labrats Journey

This is basically the story of a 27 year old Navy Corpsman as she starts her journey to Iraq, leaving her son and husband 7000 miles away! Disclaimer: The thoughts, views, pictures, comments expressed in no way represent the Views of US Navy, Marines, Department of Defense,or anyone other than myself!(unless otherwise stated) I am not here to offend anyone. If you visit please leave a comment, BUT please respect my job and don't fill up my comments section with nonsense.

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Yet Another Day of Preparation

Again today was beautiful here, it is so sunny and dry. The nights are cool and the days are hot. There is just way to many mountains, though (no cell phone works).  I spent the day reviewing the companies medical and personnel records. I am in charge of communications, we got three laptops and I am setting them up. Ironically they think I am a computer geek even thought his blog thing kicked my butt at first :) . Days are long and tiring. I am already losing weight do to the plethora of walking we do. We ran and ran this morning, it sucks but I know it could save me to stay in shape. We get to play with our weapons the next two days and I think get our plates that protect us, they are ceramic and go into our vest. We have no help though, there is not a phone in the office they gave us to use, and the computers are locked and I am working on breaking the lock, they said it would be two to three weeks before they could get a password for them-too long! Its sucks that we are all separated, I wish back in TX the command would have got us together like a going away dinner or something, cause we really don't know each other even if we are coming from TX. Today we went to a Mexican restaurant on the beach with the officers in our group, they are really nice to the enlisted folks, much better than the chief! We had fun and laughed a lot. I am so tired, today I for the first time in my whole military career slept through lunch muster and was UA. I didn't get in trouble thank god! They all just made fun of me, called me the princess! Everything is so classified I wish I could say more, we really don't know when we are leaving, we all kind of sit around and guess. We do know where we are going but I can't tell you so don't ask-thanks. The marines rules are so different than the Navy's rules. When we go to PT or workout the girls have to have there hair up as if we are in uniform, crazy huh! Well hope to email you again soon. This is timed so I have to go! Love you all and thanks everyone for the little emails back-I enjoy them and so do my friends here, we all read my website together, we have no mail at all just this - its great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter
Google
WWW http://desertdiet.blogspot.com/atom.xml