A Labrats Journey

This is basically the story of a 27 year old Navy Corpsman as she starts her journey to Iraq, leaving her son and husband 7000 miles away! Disclaimer: The thoughts, views, pictures, comments expressed in no way represent the Views of US Navy, Marines, Department of Defense,or anyone other than myself!(unless otherwise stated) I am not here to offend anyone. If you visit please leave a comment, BUT please respect my job and don't fill up my comments section with nonsense.

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Ten More Days...

Well another day of preparing. I am glad everyone else (family and friends) are preparing, too. It makes me happy to see you all sign on and get familiar with this form of communication. Today we went to PSD and updated my "page 2" the boys officially live in FL now. All paperwork is in order. The baby goes to get an ID card tonight. He is walking quite well. He takes about twelve or more steps and stands and claps at the same time. We are still packing and the my lab shipmates are going to move the big stuff tomorrow into storage. Tony is still having a very hard time with this moving thing. He feels that the Navy should move us and is rebelling hard. I am doing all the packing and he moves things to the truck slowly and effortlessly. He hasn't accepted this whole thing yet. We leave Saturday morning on different flights for security reasons. The boys will leave Saturday morning also. Good job Annie for figuring this out. It is not easy at first - I am learning too! Maybe Annie get teach everyone else not to be anonymous. I am trying to get a better commenting section with Haloscope if that means anything to anyone. But I am having trouble getting it to run. I will keep everyone posted.

5 Comments:

At July 7, 2004 at 12:22 PM, Blogger Annie said...

I ma so glad to hear about Dacoda walking around so much. Growing like a weed. Will you be able to receive pictures on this website or will they need to be mailed to you? I can take pictures all the time of cody for you. I dont want you to miss anything. Let me know when you find out where we can mail care packages and stuff.

 
At July 7, 2004 at 12:28 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I won't get an address until the very end and Tony will have to pass it on. I will get an email address to receive pictures. Tony and I got a camcorder for our birthday so he will be taping everyone alot and mailing me VCD's. He is not so computer savi, and since you (Annie)have shown to be the most computer savi, you can help him. Aunt Deener, I will have Tony call you. We are moving tommorrow and dinner would be nice! Thank you! I am so glad everyone is getting used to this form of communication!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At July 7, 2004 at 1:59 PM, Blogger Annie said...

We don't like getting used to this form of communication but it is all for a good cause. Thank you for keeping us all safe.

 
At July 9, 2004 at 5:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's steph--I'm commenting to the above post, but it won't let me respond to it, so here we go. Dang! Talk about priorities with the military. ANywho, I may be able to get a monitor for Tony. One of my friends collects and fixes computer parts, all I need to know is what type of a computer is it.

 
At July 9, 2004 at 8:01 AM, Blogger Beth said...

We have a 2001 Gateway. Any monitor that is will work for a newer computer should be plug and play.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter
Google
WWW http://desertdiet.blogspot.com/atom.xml