A Labrats Journey

This is basically the story of a 27 year old Navy Corpsman as she starts her journey to Iraq, leaving her son and husband 7000 miles away! Disclaimer: The thoughts, views, pictures, comments expressed in no way represent the Views of US Navy, Marines, Department of Defense,or anyone other than myself!(unless otherwise stated) I am not here to offend anyone. If you visit please leave a comment, BUT please respect my job and don't fill up my comments section with nonsense.

Friday, July 02, 2004

Ombudsman

Well last night we met with the commands ombudsman. They are two wives who dedicate and volunteer time to make all the families of the deployed communicate and pass information. We still don't know if the Navy is going to pack us up and store our goods while I am deployed. I bet they don't- so my last weekend here will be packing and putting our stuff in storage. My husband doesn't want to stay here alone with the baby and I don't blame him. Since we live in base housing we don't want to be responsible for maintaining everything here for 8 months or more if neither of us are here. Besides if I DO get commissioned while I am gone we will move anyways. I guess it is off to packing!

1 Comments:

At July 3, 2004 at 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's Steph--EWHH You live in base housing? Sorry! Anywho, what kind of snack foods do you like, and what kinds of other stuff can we get for you to send in packages. I'm use to boats, not field, so I don't know what you are allowed, want, need. Can we send shampoo, what kind do you like (give basic name brands for everything we can send), and when will you get an address? Ii want to start stocking up now so we have plenty on hand to send.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter
Google
WWW http://desertdiet.blogspot.com/atom.xml