A Labrats Journey

This is basically the story of a 27 year old Navy Corpsman as she starts her journey to Iraq, leaving her son and husband 7000 miles away! Disclaimer: The thoughts, views, pictures, comments expressed in no way represent the Views of US Navy, Marines, Department of Defense,or anyone other than myself!(unless otherwise stated) I am not here to offend anyone. If you visit please leave a comment, BUT please respect my job and don't fill up my comments section with nonsense.

Friday, July 09, 2004

Last Friday of Freedom

Well the last Friday of freedom has arrived. We moved out all the big stuff yesterday and into storage. We still have some items and our attic stuff left to move. We are staying in the barracks. It's not to shabby. Actually better than base housing :). The flights to Iraq are ranging from the first week in Aug to the second week of Sept. We should know next week who goes when. We had a long night and are very tired, including everyone who helped us. The guys from work were great. It was 95 degrees yesterday and 100% humidity, felt like 110 degrees. Everyone helped though and it worked great. We still have a long weekend ahead of us. On a lighter note, Cody walked about 50 steps in a row yesterday. He took a whole tour of the barracks - walking! He holds his hands in the air when he walks for balance, looks kind of funny :) !!

5 Comments:

At July 9, 2004 at 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's steph--Cool! I can still hardly believe he is walking. We look at Josiah now and this is where we remember Cody being. We'll have to see how he masters that step that goes into the playroom, all our kids have problems with that. Oh, here's an update for you. Josiah is killing me! He is 3 mths 2 weeks old and is about 26" long and 15 lbs. He's HUGE! I got called to possibly do another surrogacy, so keep your fingers crossed!

 
At July 10, 2004 at 7:08 AM, Blogger Keystone said...

Please stay safe and keep posting. I will be following your journey too as a fellow Pennsylvanian and a military supporter.

Thank you for the link on your blog. I look forward to being of assistance to you and those deployed with you in any way possible. Please contact us as soon as you have a mailing address so you can be added to the mail and care package list. We will do our best to make sure you have support throughout your deployment.

Keystone
www.keystonemarines.com
www.keystonesoldiers.com
www.keystonesailors.com

 
At July 10, 2004 at 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to wish you the best of luck. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. My family and I appreciate all the hard work our US Military is doing. God bless!

 
At July 11, 2004 at 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm steph..
good look and stay safe!
My brothers going to baghdad in about two weeks..hes 21..im really scared for him, but what can ya do. well stay safe.
Peace always-Steph

 
At July 11, 2004 at 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I'm Steph
Good luck and Stay safe!!
My brothers going over to Iraq in about two weeks, He's in the army too.
I'm really scared for him, but be careful!
Peace-Steph<3

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter
Google
WWW http://desertdiet.blogspot.com/atom.xml