A Labrats Journey

This is basically the story of a 27 year old Navy Corpsman as she starts her journey to Iraq, leaving her son and husband 7000 miles away! Disclaimer: The thoughts, views, pictures, comments expressed in no way represent the Views of US Navy, Marines, Department of Defense,or anyone other than myself!(unless otherwise stated) I am not here to offend anyone. If you visit please leave a comment, BUT please respect my job and don't fill up my comments section with nonsense.

Thursday, July 01, 2004

Good News?

Right, your saying what could be good right now, but I do have good news. My "package" was signed by the CO today. For those who don't know I am applying for a commission into the Medical Service Corps as a Medical Technologist. For six months I have been working on this package and it is finally complete. The CO gave his endorsement, signed my conditional release and 1306. That means when the board meets in SEPT 04 everything will be there on time and ready to go, even with me in Iraq. Everyone pray maybe I can come back an officer! (for those who don't know I already have a degree- it is a direct commission)

2 Comments:

At July 1, 2004 at 9:43 PM, Blogger Margot said...

I wish you much luck in your endeavor and pray with a Marine Wife's heart that you are able to acquire your commission. Congratulations to you for "wanting" more!

 
At July 2, 2004 at 4:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's steph--CONGRATS!!!!! We'll be praying. At least if you make Officer, not only will you make that extra $$ out in Iraq (Fam sep, haz duty, etc), but officer pay too! Hey, maybe Tony could be a stay-at home dad (something tells me to laugh here).
I still want to thank you for inspiring me to use that GI bill and go back to school. Last semester I got all A's and one C (science was horrid), this semester it looks like all A's. In a few years my dream will come true of being a special needs teacher, but I hope that I will be able to get financial aid or something so that I might be able to get my masters in special needs. If it weren't for you, I still would not be in school. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter
Google
WWW http://desertdiet.blogspot.com/atom.xml