A Labrats Journey

This is basically the story of a 27 year old Navy Corpsman as she starts her journey to Iraq, leaving her son and husband 7000 miles away! Disclaimer: The thoughts, views, pictures, comments expressed in no way represent the Views of US Navy, Marines, Department of Defense,or anyone other than myself!(unless otherwise stated) I am not here to offend anyone. If you visit please leave a comment, BUT please respect my job and don't fill up my comments section with nonsense.

Monday, July 12, 2004

Four More...

Not that I am counting. Long last weekend of moving. The Navy really let us down with this moving, packing and storage thing. Single parents and those deploying really got the shaft here with moving. We all are fighting over boxes at the hospital! I got lots of help from a neighbor - he was wonderful! He spent all day Saturday packing us and moving us. Then he helped us organize our storage unit. We had no power on Sunday here on the base, so not much packing/cleaning got done. Today Tony is cleaning the house for the final housing inspection. He says he can handle it by himself. I must admit I am a little worried. He has never stood an inspection in his life. We will see if he passes. I hope he does. We are both so very tired and wore out. I haven't got to spend much time with him or the baby these last few days. Thanks to the disorganized of the Navy I get to spend my last few days packing! Sorry just slightly disgruntle! The kitties are in a boarding place until Saturday. No more news on deployment yet...Keeping us in the dark. The stress is really been felt at home. We are tired, sore, and at each others throats so to speak. We are staying the barracks, which is pretty nice and convenient, however we are on the THIRD floor and there is not an elevator!! I am going to make copies of my techno CD's, hopefully they will keep me awake. I am desperate for any techno music anyone has in mp3 format-please!

1 Comments:

At July 13, 2004 at 9:41 AM, Blogger Annie said...

you guys dont be at each others throats. make the magic happen. you guys only have 4 days left with each other and you need to be happy. well, as happy as you can be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter
Google
WWW http://desertdiet.blogspot.com/atom.xml