A Labrats Journey

This is basically the story of a 27 year old Navy Corpsman as she starts her journey to Iraq, leaving her son and husband 7000 miles away! Disclaimer: The thoughts, views, pictures, comments expressed in no way represent the Views of US Navy, Marines, Department of Defense,or anyone other than myself!(unless otherwise stated) I am not here to offend anyone. If you visit please leave a comment, BUT please respect my job and don't fill up my comments section with nonsense.

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Eleven more days...

As it gets closer and closer the inevitable is nearing its destination. A sadness has come over the household as we all quietly pack our belongings and decide jointly what stays here in storage and what goes to FL. As I pack my son's stuff, I feel as if I am shortening his "babyhood." Items that have to stay behind like the walker and bouncer/saucer, bumper pads that I sewn myself, and any toys he will shortly grow out of are all going to storage. It saddens me, because if I weren't deploying and there was no war he would have these items for there full use. I caught up the baby book and closed it off since he is one year now. I got a new book from www.militarywives.com . It is titled While My Mommy Was deployed. It has things about Halloween, Christmas, etc. From what he wore to what the weather was like that day. Enclosed are several postcards with a nice paragraph that say: "I don't like us being apart, but I know that you go to stand for what you believe in and to ensure my freedom and safety. When night falls and the stars fill the sky, remember that I am staring at the same stars and therefore we are together. I love you and I am proud of you. I will pray each day that God will keep you and those who serve with you safe, and you will return to me."

5 Comments:

At July 6, 2004 at 3:39 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I wish I could have made that a link, but I am still learning. If anyone knows how let me know! Thanks

 
At July 7, 2004 at 4:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Steph---Okay, that is not fair! You made me cry at 8 in the morning!
We'll be praying for all of you, and you know that we will take care of that baby as close to possible of what you would have wanted, or at least try to. Let us know if you need anything for the baby that you'll be putting into storage so that I can start looking for it in consignment stores and yard sales.

 
At July 7, 2004 at 8:20 AM, Blogger Annie said...

Hey look at me, I figured it out finally. You made me cry reading your last entry. You know that Tobin, Daniel and I will be there for Tony and Cody. We are going to miss you very much especially at the wedding. We will take lots of pictures and send them to you during your deployment. Keep your head up and stay strong. We all love you.

 
At July 7, 2004 at 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth - it's Mom Vaughan - I tried to set up an acct.
but will have to go back and do it right. Just wanted
to let you know that Tony and Dacoda will be safe and
sound with me and Dad. You take care of yourself and
get home safe. We love you so much. Don't worry about
your boys. Love you Mom

 
At July 7, 2004 at 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Beth, it's Aunt Dener- I'm through crying now too, and would like for you, Tony and Mr. Dacoda to come to dinner tomorrow evening with JD if you have time, need a break or would like a home cooked meal. And next week we are open for babysitting if you need one. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, and Thank you in advance.
Love you, Aunt Dener

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter
Google
WWW http://desertdiet.blogspot.com/atom.xml