A Labrats Journey

This is basically the story of a 27 year old Navy Corpsman as she starts her journey to Iraq, leaving her son and husband 7000 miles away! Disclaimer: The thoughts, views, pictures, comments expressed in no way represent the Views of US Navy, Marines, Department of Defense,or anyone other than myself!(unless otherwise stated) I am not here to offend anyone. If you visit please leave a comment, BUT please respect my job and don't fill up my comments section with nonsense.

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Tomorrow the Journey starts

Tomorrow I talk to an attorney and do a will. I also do the paperwork and sign over a POA to my family. Basically I am not needed anymore. After that I have a meeting, after the meeting, a normal Thursday at work. Then I have a seabag inspection. This for those who don't know, is an itemized inspection of all the "gear" I will be taking to Iraq. My husband and I gathered it all up last night and this past week. It came to about $300. The military DOES NOT provide this gear to us, not any of it, a common misconception in my family. After that I have to teach the whole command about Needlestick injuries.(My Anthrax shot is killing me, my arm is swollen, hard, an itchy.) Then I can go home.....Let the Journey begin!

3 Comments:

At June 23, 2004 at 10:48 PM, Blogger Candepundit said...

From a fellow LabRat (non-medical - chemistry) I wish you God Speed and Fairwinds. I am also a new blogger as well and am glad to have your perspective added. BTW - Chinpokomon.com led me here, just so you know.

best wishes, and keep in touch

Candepundit

 
At June 23, 2004 at 11:00 PM, Blogger Sean from DocintheBox said...

Welcome to the blogsphere! Would you like me to link your blog to the two of mine?

 
At June 25, 2004 at 12:04 PM, Blogger Yarbz www.juggernuts.com said...

Good luck and Semper Fi from a 40-somthing former Jarhead.

I will check in now and again, look forward to hearing how it really is...

Yarbz
www.juggernuts.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter
Google
WWW http://desertdiet.blogspot.com/atom.xml