A Labrats Journey

This is basically the story of a 27 year old Navy Corpsman as she starts her journey to Iraq, leaving her son and husband 7000 miles away! Disclaimer: The thoughts, views, pictures, comments expressed in no way represent the Views of US Navy, Marines, Department of Defense,or anyone other than myself!(unless otherwise stated) I am not here to offend anyone. If you visit please leave a comment, BUT please respect my job and don't fill up my comments section with nonsense.

Friday, June 25, 2004

To "Bill"

You asked me a question and never gave me a link to answer. anyway here goes: Bill, We DO get a clothing allowance. The seabag inspection referred to was for "green side" uniforms which I have never been issued and never got money for. So no I do not frivously spend my clothing allowance. And yes I have stood many seabag inspections with no problems. THIS seabag inspection was with cammies and combat boots. A second seabag so to speak. All this was out of pocket. Why I am complaining is because Corpsman who are greenside get these issued to them already, and money for them...

3 Comments:

At June 25, 2004 at 12:07 PM, Blogger Yarbz www.juggernuts.com said...

I remember having to by all my uniforms while in the Marine Corps. Everything from basic all the way to discharge. Maybe that is why I always have slightly worn looking uni's! Nothing is free, especially freedom and uniforms. Best of luck.

 
At June 25, 2004 at 12:31 PM, Blogger Sean from DocintheBox said...

Actually they should be giving you all the uniforms you need to come out here without you paying for them, it would probably be nice to have at least 1 or 2 sets but they issued everything brand new to all of our guys, make sure you have moleskin!

 
At June 26, 2004 at 12:43 PM, Blogger Beth said...

The only gear they are giving us is two desert digitals (no covers) and the "782" standard issue gear. No boots nothing like that and I am not 8404! I agree with you and have been arguing that point endlessly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter
Google
WWW http://desertdiet.blogspot.com/atom.xml