A Labrats Journey

This is basically the story of a 27 year old Navy Corpsman as she starts her journey to Iraq, leaving her son and husband 7000 miles away! Disclaimer: The thoughts, views, pictures, comments expressed in no way represent the Views of US Navy, Marines, Department of Defense,or anyone other than myself!(unless otherwise stated) I am not here to offend anyone. If you visit please leave a comment, BUT please respect my job and don't fill up my comments section with nonsense.

Saturday, June 26, 2004

Preparing for Deployment

Thanks to everyone with good advice. I have heard everything from moleskin to skin so soft for bugs. This weekend the fam and I are going to get a camcorder. This is to record moments of me so the baby will be able to watch them while I am away. We do get TWO set of desert digitals, however, my command is not providing anything else. The rest is out of pocket. Goggles, boots, boot bands, rank isignia, etc. T The seabag inspection went well. I still need a government credit card. I think that is a stupid idea, but whatever! Off to camcord shop!

2 Comments:

At June 27, 2004 at 5:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, it's steph (& Tracy). Just really testing this thing out, having problems with creating a sign in though. Anyhow, here is some advice for bugs that is way lighter and way eaiser to take with you. Use fabric softner sheets (unused). They can be perfumed or not, but just put them in your pocket so that they hang out a little, or around your waist line so that they hang out. You won't get bit or bothered by bugs. Tried this with the kids and myself, and believe it or not, it really works.

 
At June 28, 2004 at 9:09 AM, Blogger Beth said...

I guess you know what to mail me then. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter
Google
WWW http://desertdiet.blogspot.com/atom.xml