A Labrats Journey

This is basically the story of a 27 year old Navy Corpsman as she starts her journey to Iraq, leaving her son and husband 7000 miles away! Disclaimer: The thoughts, views, pictures, comments expressed in no way represent the Views of US Navy, Marines, Department of Defense,or anyone other than myself!(unless otherwise stated) I am not here to offend anyone. If you visit please leave a comment, BUT please respect my job and don't fill up my comments section with nonsense.

Sunday, June 20, 2004

A Labrats Journey To Iraq

Well here I am in hot and dry, sunny Texas. I am in the nice cool lab working diligently. However it very quickly is going to change. The list to deploy to Iraq has been scrubbed, created, modified, dispursed and again dispursed to still include my name. The seabag inspection is on Thursday. We must have a multitude of items not ever issued to us. There goes all the spending money. I created this blog as a way for everyone around the world to communicate with me. I hope to use this and email in Iraq. Right now if everyone could say a little something so we can all get together and get this going, prior to my abrupt departure. There are no secrets and everyone can read everything. Keep that in mind and type nicely :)

6 Comments:

At June 24, 2004 at 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Beth, I hope your deployment works out well for you. One question though, your a 2nd class, you must have been in for a few years. How many seabag inspections have you had since bootcamp? In my 23 years in the Navy, I had them quite regularly. Sure, they don't issue you the stuff, but you DO get your (admittedly small) clothing allowance, and you DO know you are supposed to have all of that stuff; so why haven't you been getting it a bit at a time so that you didn't get stuck for a big bite all at once. Bill

 
At June 24, 2004 at 2:10 PM, Blogger The Mountain Girl News said...

Hi Beth, I just found your Blog and hope you get to keep up with it. I'll make sure and put a link to it on my page, especially once I figure out how to do it. Good luck and God be with you.

The Kentucky Mountain Girl
(married, 42, no kids)

 
At June 25, 2004 at 10:06 AM, Blogger Beth said...

Bill,

You are right and wrong. We DO get a nice clothing allowance and I do have a current seabag. I am not however a marine, nor am I a greenside corpsman (8506). The uniforms I am responsible for I have never been issued: Cammies, boots, goggles, body armour, green PT gear. That is why it is so costly. Thanks for your advice. But I do spend the money the Navy gives me for uniforms ON uniforms. This is about $300 more than the "normal" seabag. The seabag inspection I referred to was a grean side seabag inspection...

 
At June 25, 2004 at 10:07 AM, Blogger Beth said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At June 25, 2004 at 10:11 AM, Blogger Beth said...

Bill, We DO get a clothing allowance. The seabag inspection referred to was for "green side" uniforms which I have never been issued and never got money for. So no I do not frivously spend my clothing allowance. And yes I have stood many seabag inspections with no problems. THIS seabag inspection was with cammies and combat boots. A second seabag so to speak. All this was out of pocket. Why I am complaining is because Corpsman who are greenside get these issued to them already, and money for them...

 
At July 1, 2004 at 9:52 PM, Blogger Margot said...

Please ... if there's anything you need help with do not hesitate to ask!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter
Google
WWW http://desertdiet.blogspot.com/atom.xml